September 4, 2014

Fallen Review















Fallen


(Guardian Trilogy Book #1)

By,
Laury Falter
3.5 Stars

 photo GR_zps5fe521f1.jpg

Maggie is unaware of the terrifying fate that awaits her. It isn’t until she lands in New Orleans for a full year at a private high school and her unknown enemies find her does she realize that her life is in danger. 

As a mystifying stranger repeatedly intervenes and blocks the attempts on her life, she begins to learn that there is more to him than his need to protect her and that he may be the key to understanding why her enemies have just now arrived. 



“You’re important to me.”

This is the first book in the Guardian series. There are many good things about this book but the book also had its problems. Overall it was a quick read and a new take on Guardians that I really enjoyed. The writing and pace of this book was done really well. I found myself completely brought into the world that Laury Falter described to us. The story didn’t get boring for me at any point. I sped right through this one. The only problem that I have is that I feel like the background and information needed more explaining. I felt like there was a lot that was left out. I wanted to know more about the Guardians, the white lights, and even more of Maggie’s history with the bad guys and Eran.

Maggie is kind of a loner and I like that. She has been moving around place to place until New Orleans. She knows who she is and she doesn’t try to change herself to make other people happy. She embraces the gift that she was given and sees the importance in it.  I feel like the other characters could have used some work though. We don’t get much information on anyone else. Maggie has roommates but we don’t get to know them very well. We see them often but they are still a little bit of a mystery to me. Eran is the hero. We don’t get to see him much but he’s there saving Maggie when she needs it. I liked his character I just wish we got to learn more about him.

I get the romance. Most people are going to say that it was insta-love and it was but there is also history there that Maggie doesn’t understand yet and we only get a glimpse of. So really it looks like it doesn’t make very much sense that she went from trying to hide her attraction to admitting she loved Eran. I hope that we get to see more of these two and learn about their history.

I really enjoyed this book. I will definitely be picking up the rest of this series!




“You don’t work on my Sarai…” I watched in disbelief as his gorgeous smirk, the one I missed so deeply, rose up. Eran turned his stunning eyes settled on me, concentrating so intently I could not have mistaken his message. “I’m already in love.”









No comments :

Post a Comment