July 30, 2014

Before You Review


Before You
(Before and After Book #1)
By,
Amber Hart
4 Stars!!





 photo GR_zps5fe521f1.jpg


Some say love is deadly. Some say love is beautiful. I say it is both.

Faith Watters spent her junior year traveling the world, studying in exquisite places, before returning to Oviedo High School. From the outside her life is picture-perfect. Captain of the dance team. Popular. Happy. Too bad it’s all a lie.

It will haunt me. It will claim me. It will shatter me. And I don't care.

Eighteen-year-old Diego Alvarez hates his new life in the States, but staying in Cuba is not an option. Covered in tattoos and scars, Diego doesn't stand a chance of fitting in. Nor does he want to. His only concern is staying hidden from his past—a past, which if it were to surface, would cost him everything. Including his life.

At Oviedo High School, it seems that Faith Watters and Diego Alvarez do not belong together. But fate is as tricky as it is lovely. Freedom with no restraint is what they long for. What they get is something different entirely.

Love—it will ruin you and save you, both.




“I am wrecked inside. Totally and completely shattered.
Lit on fire by his touch.”

This is another retelling of Romeo and Juliet. Two star crossed lovers not meant to be because of reputations and society issues. I have to say that I am a complete sucker for these types of books. Books like this one and Perfect Chemistry. There is something so beautiful about two people growing and overcoming things together as one. Faith and Diego push each other to be better people. They are the examples that everyone they meet should go by. (at the end).

I loved the writing in this book. It was beautiful. It was also funny at times and downright heartbreaking at others. You can feel not only the chemistry these two have but also every single fight that they go through in their heads. They try so hard to follow what everyone expects of them but the pull is just too great. Diego was amazing. He had a tough shell because he always had to have one. But he was so caring and protective. He was a really sweet heart underneath it all. Faith didn’t exactly have the horrible past that Diego did but she had her own scars. Feeling like you have to live up to other people expectations can leave their own mark. Watching her go through the process of learning to be her own person made me respect her more.

“I need to stay away from him.
I need to forget him.
Will you touch me again please?

This book is fantastic. I was a fuming at how I thought this book was going to go. When we got to the end I wanted to throw my kindle. But I had faith in the writer and it all worked out in the end. Plus we got a sneak peek of the next one and I am so excited for that! I would recommend this to people who like Romeo and Juliet retellings. People who loved Perfect Chemistry would love this one too!

“She is fierce.
She is beautiful.”





2 comments :

  1. Love this! Thanks for the review -xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Problem. Had so much fun reading it! I will definitely be picking up the next one!! XO

    ReplyDelete