June 25, 2018

REVIEW: The Way We Burn By, M. Leighton







Irresistible attraction. Unimaginable danger.

I knew from the moment Noah Williamson walked into the diner that he was haunted—deeply haunted—but I couldn’t resist the lure of him. He was gorgeous and fascinating and mysterious, and like a delicate moth to a brilliant blue flame, I was drawn to him. Drawn to his fire.

But if I’d known about his job, about what happened to his wife, I’d have run the other way. Before I got caught up in the red-hot blaze of his life. Before everything in my world got burned to the ground.

It’s too late to run now. I hesitated and that was it. I fell. I fell for him before I knew there was danger in loving him.

Noah once told me that this is the way we burn—together or not at all. At the time, I didn’t know what that meant.

Now I do.
 







Books2Read * Amazon * iBooks * Nook * Kobo


Review


“I make a point not to notice men, especially gorgeous/dangerous/catnip ones, but Noah even got my attention.”

It has taken me a considerable amount of time to sit down and write my review with this book, which is weird because with anything I have read from Michelle I can easily write down my emotional journey and how much I loved it. This time Michelle threw a curveball at me and what a curveball it turned out to be. This story was everything I needed and wanted and so much more. Michelle Leighton created something special with these characters and I am so glad to have gone on this journey even if I was skeptical. I had faith in Michelle and the stories she tells and it paid off.

                “But maybe it’s time I take the leap, take the big risk. Risk another fall just in case I learn to fly”

If any of you have read a M. Leighton book then you know that she can create some special characters. Poppy and Noah are no different. Poppy is a deep and complicated character. The best part is, is that you don’t even know it. Michelle gave Poppy so many layers that after each one is peeled back you can’t help but love her even more. Poppy has so many sides to her and so many sides that she isn’t aware of until Noah brings them out of her.

“I have a feeling that if things progress between Noah and me, it’ll happen like a hurricane. A deceptively calm, shockingly intense, all consuming hurricane. It’ll creep up out of nowhere and hit me hard and fast. It will be relentless. And I will be wrecked.”

Noah, what can I say about Noah? At first he was the source of my skepticism. Usually, for me, I hate when a main character has a deceased significant other. It’s weird I know but it’s a storyline that just doesn’t speak to me. Michelle was able to make me rethink everything. I loved Noah. Noah is quiet, reserved, and oh so mysterious. Not only to Poppy but us as the reader. Noah is fierce when it comes to what he wants and those he loves. We don’t really know much about him for the first half of the book but once Michelle starts peeling back those layers we see the real Noah. The broken, tortured, fierce, loving, all consuming Noah.

“Because I’m yours and you’re mine. Forever. We’re written in ink. Tattooed inside each other, in the only place that matters.”

The Way We Burn is a story unlike any other we have gotten from Michelle. I know she went outside of her comfort zone in writing and then releasing this book and I will be the first to say that I am so glad that she did it. The story grabbed you from the minute you opened it and didn't let you go. I can’t even say at the end because I am still thinking about it days later. Be ready for something new and brilliant from Michelle that still has the writing that long time fans have come to love. The Way We Burn is everything you want and nothing you would expect. Be prepared for captivating soul-burning romance and kindle/paperback-dropping twists. This is a story that will stick with you. Be prepared and go in blind. It’ll be worth it.






This is where you can stalk M. Leighton <3








No comments :

Post a Comment