July 12, 2018

RELEASE DAY and REVIEW: Broken Love Story (Love Story #3) By, Natasha Madison





Broken Love Story

By Natasha Madison
Release Day- July 10th








           
Samantha:

I had the perfect life; a husband who loved me, and two kids who were my world.

Until someone else answered his phone and my perfect life shattered.

When he died, I was left with answers he couldn't give me and a box full of lies.

He left me broken.

Blake:

I fell in love when I was fifteen, knowing she was the one.

For five years, she was my everything—my every breath, every heartbeat, every thought.

She made me promise to move on, promise to find love again, but I broke those promises because I can't move on.

Two broken souls brought together by tragedy and heartbreak.
Can a broken love story be fixed?
         












 



When her nose isn't buried in a book, or her fingers flying across a keyboard writing, she's in the kitchen creating gourmet meals. You can find her, in four inch heels no less, in the car chauffeuring kids, or possibly with her husband scheduling his business trips. It's a good thing her characters do what she says, because even her Labrador doesn't listen to her...








Review


Broken Love Story is just that. Two people who think they are broken beyond repair learn what it is like to be loved not only for your broken parts but for the parts that slowly mend themselves back together. This isn’t a one sided broken either. Both Blake and Samantha have been left behind by people they love. Their pasts may be different and their presents may be complicated but that doesn’t stop love. Love finds you no matter what.

Blake lost the love of his life at a young age. He grew up but didn’t grow out of the love that he had for her. He misses her every day and every day he makes the choice to not move on. Blake holds on even though he knows that it isn’t healthy. Blake is a very self-aware character that cares a lot about other people. He can see past his own ties to Samantha’s heartbreak to be there for her even though she is a complete stranger. His ties to Samantha could have definitely made it a lot harder for him and Sam.

Samantha, in my own opinion, has it even worse than Blake. The love of her life not only died after years of marriage but lied to her throughout most of it. Samantha not only has to deal with the death of a loved one she has to deal with the aftermath of his infidelity and the choices he made. I was worried about Samantha’s character in the beginning. I was worried that she was going to be a push-over when she needed to be strong but I was wrong. She had her moments of weakness but everyone does. It was her moments of strength that made her a real character.

Between the two of them these characters know more heartbreak than any one person should. The author does this in a beautiful way. She makes it a real transition. The way she wrote their love story was a slow build that made sense. There wasn’t a lot of drama with them as a couple. While their lives through 90% of the book was all drama their love story wasn’t. So, if you’re looking for something with a lot of angst and back and forth this book is not for you. I loved how the author created characters that cared about other people and could see past their own drama to help out a complete stranger.

One thing this book was lacking, whether good or bad is up to your preference, was the sex scenes. There was probably one at the very end of the book which makes sense but for people who are looking for a lot of steam it was definitely missing. Don’t get me wrong there was definitely a steamy scene but there was literally only one maybe two.


All in all, I thought this book was pretty good. It was a quick read, I think I read it in about a day, but I didn’t think there was anything missing. The story line was flushed out and the characters had substance. There wasn’t any of those unnecessary plot twists that you find in a lot of books. If you’re looking for a sweet innocent quick read this is definitely the book for you. I definitely want to read the other books in this series and get their perspectives.





No comments :

Post a Comment