June 7, 2014

Apocalypse Lovers First Chapters


An Apocalyptic Fairytale Series 

Part One



Fantasy Romance

Date Published: December 25, 2013

There isn’t a person alive that can save all the worlds from colliding into one massive apocalypse.



Except twelve year old Dominic.

Cheshire watches the humans in disgust as they discuss their plans. To take action against a woman who will enslave herself to someone willingly. A willing slave is the lowest form of creature, even to humans, on the face of Wonderland. All Cheshire can do is look on though, for fate must happen.

Except that the slave is Shay Austin the destined lover, and when she wills herself away to the White Rabbit, the ending begins.

Scritch scritch scratch. That’s the sound of Dominic drawing another figure he sees in his mind. A man with a bride riding a motorcycle of steel. A scarecrow with a witch riding a motorcycle of fire. These don’t come from his imagination. He sees them with his own eyes that only see in shades of blue.

Dominic sees what others would consider fairytales: Wonderland, Oz, fairies, werewolves, every fairytale land and creature known actually exists. His sister Cheryl keeps him secluded in their small home in Kansas, where few people can learn about his curse.

It’s not until their entire town is sucked down a dimension hole that Cheryl begins to believe he might be seeing something real after all.

Darlene Deeks is more than Dominic’s cousin. She’s the great relation of the one true Dorothy.

While at a party in a cornfield, she hears a voice coming from a scarecrow and finds a strange man painfully hanging. After she takes him down and hears his bizarre explanation, she takes back off toward her friends but sees nothing but a large hole. In fact, her entire town is gone. Stuck with a man who calls himself Scarecrow, she goes to the next town to see her grandmother. There she finds a shocking revelation about her and Scarecrow.

One that just won’t have enough time to come true before the Earth is destroyed.

Guyver works for DIM: Dimensional Investigative Missions. Having heard about the real Dorothy’s hometown being sucked under, he visits Cheryl. Her house is only one of a handful to survive. There he discovers Dominic and his rare gift. They each hurry back to DIM with Dominic, but it’s too late.

The world is doomed. Nothing can be done. But this was only one dimension, and there are millions out there still that can be saved. Like shining stars in the sky, only a tiny light went out. When a prophecy is revealed in front of Dominic, he knows that he is the one that has to reach the others who can stop it.

Other beings of different dimensions have to have a child that would tie the bonds between dimensions stronger again. However, the meaning is gentle, too gentle for others to understand. 

It takes more than a baby, it takes one created with a soul mate.

Yet, even that can only slowdown the apocalypse. For if even one destined lover fails, everything will perish.

It’s up to Dominic to go on a quest that is destined to kill him to save countless others. But will it physically kill him or change the person he was supposed to be?

An Apocalyptic Fairytale Series is one massive novel with eight parts at least 80k (Around 228-266 pages) Formed in a similar style to Arabian Nights, there are many mini-adventures told between the main adventures. The recommended reading order:

Apocalypse Lovers/Apocalypse Dreams/Apocalypse Journey/Apocalypse Travelers/Apocalypse Seas/Apocalypse Wicked/Apocalypse Cartoon/Apocalypse Mafia.


Did you enjoy your adventure? If so, I hope you consider reviewing it to let others know how much you enjoyed it. The more reviews I receive, the more it helps me out, so I appreciate it very much. I do not respond to reviews, but if you would like to contact me personally to let me know how you are enjoying the adventures, you can reach me at authormelanieray@gmail.com. (Serena Walken is my pen name.)

Social Media:
Tweet me @serenawalken if you are bored. When I get on, I am usually talking Doctor Who or #TWD though.
Subscribe to find out about my new releases at http://eepurl.com/Dqcjj.



Order of Books:
Apocalypse Lovers (An Apocalyptic Fairytale Part 1)
Apocalypse Dreams (An Apocalyptic Fairytale Part 2)
Apocalypse Journey (An Apocalyptic Fairytale Part 3)
Apocalypse Travelers (An Apocalyptic Fairytale Part 4)
Apocalypse Tempest (An Apocalyptic Fairytale Part 5)
Apocalypse Wicked (An Apocalyptic Fairytale Part 6)
Apocalypse Cartoon (An Apocalyptic Fairytale Part 7)
Apocalypse Mafia (An Apocalyptic Fairytale Part 8)


Now for an Excerpt: 


“Okay.” With that question answered, I didn't know what else to ask. The selective seers hell is what I had always imagined real hell had been like. I wonder if this was the same in the afterlife? The thought gave me chills. Stuck here for eternity.
We walked and talked with Boogeyman now behind us. I kept hearing a warning after warning about how I had to stay in good spirits. I had not had to think positive in years about myself, but now I had no choice. If I didn't think positive, I would be changed into those demon-like seers.

“Wait.” Mister Umbrella stopped and let go of my hand for a brief second. “I want you to see something from our new home. Even in darkness, beauty exists.” He reached down and grabbed something I had not seen before. It was a fiery rose. Its petals glittered in the darkness, almost like it had been on fire itself. “The fire rose. The red dimension has been trying to keep these out for years. They are like weeds to this place, unloved and unwanted.” He handed it to me. “If they can survive, we can.”
I took the flower and gave it a light sniff. I expected sulfur but there was a passionate aroma, a combination of jalapeno and strawberries mixed together. Intoxicating. We held hands and crossed the beach of the lava sea. If the lava had been water, and the flower had been a real rose. . .

We were having a romantic date in hell. I looked toward Mister Umbrella but he didn't seem to catch it or understand it. How could I fall for someone like him? He was so annoying, especially the way he talked. But, well, maybe it wasn't as annoying as I thought.

No comments :

Post a Comment