June 4, 2014

There's Wild, Then There's You Review

There's Wild, Then There's You

By,

Michelle Leighton

5-Amazing-Stars!!!


He’s someone she can’t trust…

She’s someone he thinks he knows…


Violet Wilson is a wallflower. Shy, serious, and accident-prone, she’s got a bad habit of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. The night she’s forced to pose with her friend might just be the worst time of all—that’s when she meets Jet Blevins. She knows better than to get involved with someone like him, but he touches her in ways she never expected, neverwanted before.

On the outside, Jet is a typical rocker, an arrogant lead guitarist who unapologetically lives a wild lifestyle. But on the inside, he’s battling demons and using the stage to escape the troubles of his past and the addictions of his present. Until the night he sees Violet standing at the back of the room. She brings his life into focus. She knows his secrets. She’s the girl he can’t forget, and the one thing he craves more than his addiction.

But can they ever hope to have a future when their very foundation is nothing but lies?

My Thoughts...

"Those eyes...I recognize them instantly. I might dream about them later. I might remember them forever. They belong to the guy who was watching me when I stood up. They were disconcerting then, but now... seeing them with the rest of him... they're a thousand times worse."

What can i say that I haven't already said about Michelle Leighton.? I freaking love her books and this one is not an exception. The writing is amazing a flawless. The characters are lovable and relate able. Michelle is a genius and once you read this you will see why.

This is the next book in the Wild One's series. The first two in the series were amazing and this is a great addition to the series. Jet is the bad boy with an impulse control problem. He is a song writer and rocker that usually gets what he wants whenever he wants it. Violet is the fixer. She has grown up around addiction all of her life and now she runs as far and as fast as she can away from anything that might tempt her. Jet is no exception...until he is.

"Violet. I want Violet, and I'll do whatever it takes to have her. Period. End of story. And that is who I am. That is the real me."

Jet 

Jet is your typical bad boy. He is the lead singer and guitarist in a band and he spends his Thursday nights at a Sex Addicts Anonymous meeting. He usually tries to escape his life any way he can. He loses himself in alcohol, music, and women. He is starting to follow in his fathers footsteps and until he changes his way his mother won't let him see his younger brothers. Now he trying to make the changes he needs to when he meets the one person that can help him.

I loved Jet's character he was steamy and swoon-worthy the whole time. He keeps his life pretty much open to Violet except for one secret he is not willing to share with her. Jet knows that he hasn't been living the best life and now he wants to change. He is willing to do the work to change his life for the better.

"Because, even though neither of us knew we were missing our other half, we were. But now we're while. Together,we'll always be."

Violet

Violet is innocent and shy. She hasn't let herself experience life because she is afraid of the addiction that she has grown up around her whole life. He father is an alcoholic that she has to take care of most nights. Now she feels like she needs to take care of everyone she cares about. She goes to a Sex Addicts Anonymous meeting for her best friend so that she doesn't lose her Fiancee. This is where she meets Jet. Now she has the one addiction that she can't run from in front her. And she is not sure that she wants to this time.

Violet was kind of ridiculous. She was willing to give up everything so that she never felt the pain that the other people in her life have felt. Even though she tries to help Jet I like that they seem to help each other. She becomes a better person being around him as well. Violet grows and learns that she doesn't have to give everything to everyone and not all addictions are bad.

"Violet, you are the only thing in my life that makes it worth living. I knew that if I couldn't be with you, I'd still have to be involved in your life, in your happiness somehow, even if you didn't know it."

Overall this was an amazing story. The story had great character development. Each and every character grew in some way by the end of the book. Obviously some characters more than others but still everyone one made the necessary changes. The flow of the story worked really well too. I wasn't skimming or looking to skip pages of the book. The story kept you interested and kept guessing. 

I loved how Violet and Jet's relationship grew. It was insta-love and they didn't immediately jump each others bones. The tension built and built and built until even you as the reader couldn't take anymore. They really became friends before they became lovers and it was a great change of pace. 
This book is a must read!!! I loved everything about it!!

"You are the beautiful notes in every song I sing. You are the beautiful face behind every lyric I write. You are my reason, my muse. You're the love I was waiting for, the one thing I can't live without. Please tell me that you love me, too."

No comments :

Post a Comment