August 14, 2018

REVIEW: Summer Heat (Cruel Summer #1) By, Rachel Van Dyken






Spoiled Princess is what he used to call me.

We were an inferno of hate and passion wound up with a dash of chaos.

For four years I watched him mow my lawn.

For four years I watched my friends make fun of him.

For four years I hated myself for wanting him, but even more for the way I treated him.

And then I had him.

For one night, we put all labels away and I spent the best night of my life in his arms.

Then the next day, with my secret night under lock and key, I looked the other way while my friends shamed him.

But now the jokes on me, because the scrawny lawn boy who I secretly loved from afar is now the director of Hollywood's most exclusive summer camp.

And I'm on his staff.

Now it's his turn to punish me.

His turn to make me pay.

His turn to take his revenge after years of humiliation.

He's no longer a boy you can ridicule.

But a college graduate who can have any woman he wants.

I want him to look at me the way he did that one night we had together, but right now
the look in his eyes tells me he's going to enjoy having me under him for two straight months.

I don't know where his hatred ends, his passion begins.

All I know is he wants revenge.

And I'm his lucky target.












**Review**

“like our heart decided that if we couldn’t have one another, they’d choose something just as passionate, something just as wonderful and horrible all at once-hate.”

When I think of Rachel Van Dyken the first thing that comes to mind is Eagle Elite. She is one of my favorite authors and this book reminded me why. She came up with a quick read that pulls you in from the very first page and hold onto you until the end. The story of Marlon and Ray is set up to be a great enemies to lovers romance and I can’t wait to read more.

“One thing was certain. I should have never danced with him in the first place, because now it felt personal. Now it felt like the story of us.”

Marlon and Ray have known each other since High School and let me tell you they were not the best of friends. They were enemies. Ray was the rich girl with all of the friends and the perfect boyfriend. Marlon was the poor boy that got bullied and worked for Ray’s family. They had one night together and then it was back to not knowing each other and it killed Marlon. Now they are grown up and thrown back together. I loved Ray. She was not the normal rich girl that goes through a transformation. Ray has had a hard life that she keeps hidden. She’s more sensitive than anyone can imagine, especially Marlon. Marlon on the other hand was someone I didn’t warm up to. He was kind of an asshole which surprised me because I expected that he was going to be the one I liked. He was judgmental an he couldn’t let go of the past. I mean I understand maybe holding onto it for a little while, maybe, but I just didn’t like how he handled it. I was starting to warm up at the end but we will see if he can redeem himself in the next books.

“I held him between my thighs. I wished for him to stay there. I found my soul in that moment.”

I am really excited about these books. This series reminded me that Rachel Van Dyken has a talent to create storylines that are interesting and characters that are likeable and lovely. The writing was smooth, and it flowed. I really can’t wait for the next ones. It is definitely a quick read which was disappointing, but the next installments will be worth the wait I’m sure.













No comments :

Post a Comment