August 16, 2018

REVIEW: When Light Leads to You (Forget Me Knot #2) By, C.R. Ellis









JASMINE—


Once upon a time, there was a girl who had a crush on a boy. Eventually, they fell in love. They lived happily ever after.
Except they didn’t. Not even close.
I’m the girl, but that’s not my story.
Once upon a time, I fell for a boy, but we didn’t have a happily ever after. In fact, we crashed and burned. Which turned out to be for the best because it forced me to grow up and realize the only wedding bells in my future are the ones I orchestrate for clients.
For six years I’ve been perfectly content with meaningless, short-lived flings and running from anything that resembles a real relationship.
That boy?
He’s my best friend’s brother, and he’s no longer the boy I fell for—he’s a man I can’t stand.
Oh, and he’s also my new neighbor.

DEAN—

Seemingly overnight, Jasmine Winters went from being my sister’s best friend to being the girl I couldn’t get enough of. But like most good things, it didn’t last.
Things fell apart so suddenly, I’m able to convince myself that summer never happened. At least, I was, until the only distance between us is a hallway instead of a time zone.
Six years ago, I let Jasmine slip through my fingers without an explanation because I was convinced we’d be better off apart. But now that we’re neighbors, our unspoken vow of apathy has unwittingly been shattered.
Our exchanges consist of trading insults and icy stare downs. But in-between, I catch glimpses of the way she used to look at me, glimpses of the girl I fell for years ago.
Things are different now, though. This time…I won’t let her walk away without giving me answers. 








**Review**

This book ended up being a 3.5 star read for me. I really loved the characters and the story but there were just some thing I felt could have been done better. The chemistry between the characters was not one of those things. Jasmine and Dean had so much chemistry you could feel it through their hate in the book. This is the second book in the series and I have not read the first one but I enjoyed this. It was a quick read too. I flew through it so even though I had my issues it still kept me entertained.

Jasmine and Dean have known each other forever. Jasmine has always been the sister’s best friend with the crush on the older brother. One summer after high school Jasmine and Dean were in New York and getting to know each other as more than the brother or the best friend. Until that all comes crashing down on them. Jasmine has had a hard life but she survived and that is the most important thing. It made her put walls around her heart but I liked her character. Was she frustrating? Yes. Was she scared? Yes. Did she get through it? You’ll have to read and find out.

Dean on the other hand was an amazing character. He was caring, patient, and kind. He had his moments where he would say cutting things to Jasmine but he spent most of the book apologizing and showing her that he wasn’t the same guy he was six years ago. Dean was going through his own trauma and it was even more current than Jasmine’s and just as important. I really loved how he dealt with Jasmine both in and out of the bedroom. Let me tell you there was definitely steam.

Ok so let’s talk quickly about my problems with the book. One problem was that I felt like the blurb was a little misleading. I went into this thinking they had a relationship for one summer and it imploded. That never happened. I wont tell you what it really was because it would turn into a spoiler but know going in they never had a relationship. My other problem with this book is the ending. I thought the whole book had great flow and it worked well. I wasn’t bored or waiting for it to end. I did think the ending was unnecessary. The rest of the book flowed so well the ending just seemed out of place and rushed. If it had happened earlier in the book and taken some time I would not mind as much.

Overall I thought the book was done well. I would recommend this book to anyone that likes second chance romances or best friend’s brother ones. I think I would read more from this author and this series.

No comments :

Post a Comment