July 2, 2014

Fatal Desire Review



Fatal Desire

(Guardians Book #2)
By,
Valerie Twombly
4 Stars!!!

 photo GR_zps5fe521f1.jpg



Caleb is dark, hot, and commanding in human form. As a dragon, he's a force to be reckoned with. When he witnesses the slave Lileta being beaten by his Overlord Odage, he nearly comes unglued. Without understanding why, he asks to take the slave as his own, but soon realizes his longing is more than an attraction to a beautiful woman. In a sick twist of fate, the gods have given him a demon as his mate—one he can never touch unless he wishes his own death. His only choice is to grant her freedom.

Lileta wanted to kill Caleb, but when she is freed by this tempting male, her anger turns to a desire that can only prove fatal. Even if she could claim him as her own, her dark past makes her unworthy of his love.

When their paths continue to intertwine, spiraling them to the brink of passion, can they resist the yearnings burning within them, or will they submit to their fatal desire?


 

My Thoughts…

 

This is the first book that I have read by Valerie Twombly. This is also the second book in the Guardians series. I missed the first book but it did not change my opinion of this book. There wasn't anything that was confusing. I do have to say that I wish I had read the first book just to get some background on the war that is going on between the races. The opening was a little weird for me too. I did feel a little lost when it came to that. I felt like because I didn't read the first book I missed part of Lileta and Caleb actually meeting, so it was a little confusing there too. Other than that I really liked the book. It was written well and the story had a nice flow to it. I didn't find myself getting bored and skimming through some parts. I was completely invested in the whole book.

 


I really like the characters. Caleb was dark and broody. He had a lot of attitude too. He was quick to anger but he was also a softy in his heart when it came to Lileta. He was a natural born leader and you could read that in any scene he was in. Lileta was the perfect match for Caleb. She was able to challenge him and keep up with his moods without being an overt bitch about it, which I liked. She was also a natural leader, it just took her a little longer to figure it out. The scenes with the two of them together could be angry and heated in one scene or steamy and lustful in the next. There was also some comic relief between the two of them when it came to their banter which was nice.

 

The intimate scenes between the characters were everything you would be expecting. There was a lot of sexual tension throughout this book. The author was able to write it really well to the point where I could feel the tension coming out of my kindle. The scenes themselves were steamy and sexy. Everything you want out of a great love scene.



 

This book had a lot of great side characters as well. Each character brought something to the table and helped add to the story. This book was a really great read. Now I just have to go back and read the first one!


 photo 077b8f97-b6d8-4ea3-995c-e224f76746e8_zpsa41e023d.png


1 comment :