July 24, 2014

Perfect Opposite Review

Perfect Opposite
By,
Zoya Tessi
5 Stars!!!


 photo GR_zps5fe521f1.jpg

Their wishes were simple and modest. Fate had other things in store though, and she can be a real bitch sometimes.

- All he wanted was to get the job done and somehow to endure those long months playing nanny to a spoiled little rich girl. Without strangling her with his bare hands in the process. Well, it is going to be much easier said than done.

- All she wanted was to escape the past and live like any other nineteen-year-old girl. Her plan definitely didn’t include the arrogant, tattooed savage, with his awful mohawk hair and lack of social graces, whose only mission was to stick real close and mess up her life.

But, people aren't always what they seem to be, are they?






“When you really love someone, you’re willing to lose everything that makes you who you are, and you’d do it in the blink of an eye. And even if it’s all in vain, there’s nothing in it you’d regret.”

Excuse my language but…..

I FUCKING  loved the SHIT out of this book!
This book was brilliant. I definitely added it to my Favs list.



I am going to do this review a little differently because I will just go on and on about this book and I am sure that you guys don’t want to hear all of my gushing.

Things I liked:

·        Sasha. She was a great main character. The story was told from her POV. We got to learn about all of the things she has been struggling with as a daughter of an arms dealer. She grew up with money and no need to learn the ways of normal middle class people. When her mother died she left her father behind her. As much as she was able. I loved that she had to ask her roommate how to do things in the beginning and wasn’t afraid to admit it. She didn’t come off as a spoiled rich girl either. Sometimes she had her moments but she had her roommate there to bring her back to earth. She was such a strong character too. She wasn’t going to let someone else run her life.

·        Beth. Beth was Sasha’s roommate. She was a great supporting character. She helped Sasha through her problems without pestering her for details Sasha wasn’t ready to give. Beth was also ready to give Sasha a verbal beat down when she started to get prissy and dramatic. She was a great friend and hilarious.

·        Alex. He was such an amazing leading man. He was an ass at times and judgmental but from what he has been through with her dad it is understandable. He comes to be Sasha’s bodyguard even though he would rather be anywhere else. He wasn’t the best at showing his emotions but you could tell when he started to care about more than he ever wanted to. Alex was such a sweet heart to her when she was going through the thunderstorms. I loved what he did for her near the end. I’m not going to tell you what it was but I knew it was real and he wanted it to be.

·        The story. The story was really interesting and engaging. It kept you into the story and always wondering what was actually going on. The story line was well written and the flow was great. It didn’t feel rushed and it didn’t feel like we were slugging along either.

·        The end. I love an ending where I get so emotional I almost stop and I am like this…




the only thing keeping me going is hoping the HEA is coming!

“Even when they take everything away from you, the only thing that’s yours to keep is your pride. And then… then out of nowhere someone appears for whom you are ready to throw it all into the wind.
  
It was then, staring at the small white tiles on the wall of the shower cabin, that I realized for the first time what it really meant to love someone.”

Things that bothered me:

·        The Romance. This is the only thing I really felt bothered me. I felt like their romance could have been written a little better. I mean I could tell that Sasha was there but Alex was a little harder to read. I wish that his character had been a little easier to read. It would have been a little more realistic to me that they ended up together. I mean even at the HEA he still didn’t utter those three words. It bothered me. He could have at least said it once.

·        The plot twist. After reading the prologue I could already guess the big twist. Which isn’t a bad thing. I liked to be surprised but this isn’t something that makes me take away stars. Sometimes I am just amazing and can guess books and movies when other people can’t. HAHAHAHA But I think everyone can figure this out.

·        Mike. I thought I liked him until the end. I CAN’T BELIEVE HE LIED TO HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all. This book was amazing. I really enjoyed. Another author has been added to my stalker list! I will be keeping an eye on Zoya and reading anything she publishes!

“Come back home with me, Princess.” In a barely audible voice he whispered in my ear.
     
“Why?” I asked as quietly as he had.

     
“I bought new glasses. And plates. There’s nobody there to throw them at me.” He kissed my hair gently.”


Ok guys I have a question. Zoya Tessi has released this with a new cover. The cover at the top is the new one. Here is the original.


Now which one do you like better?

Go buy this book and tell me what you think in the comments! Can't wait to here what you think!


 photo 077b8f97-b6d8-4ea3-995c-e224f76746e8_zpsa41e023d.png

No comments :

Post a Comment