December 22, 2014

REVIEW: Seducing the Princess (Shilling Agency #3) By, Diane Alberts



 photo GR_zps5fe521f1.jpg










A sexy category romance from Entangled's Brazen imprint...

He'll give her exactly what she needs…

Protecting a princess is not what former marine Gordon Waybrook signed up for when he joined the Shillings Agency. But instead of the spoiled, regal little creature he expects, Isabelle VanGuard is a fiery, sexy-as hell woman who's been denied what she needs for too long. And he's just the man to break through her frozen public facade and give it to her.

When she's with Gordon, all Isabelle can think about is pleasure. Their blistering chemistry is immediate and intense, but volatile. In fact, the only thing they agree on is that their one night together is just that—one night. Even after it becomes more. But tempers and temptation can't disguise reality. Isabelle is a princess, and a hot, hard, and tattooed bodyguard isn't the Prince Charming her country expects…even if he's exactly what she needs.





This is my first Shillings Agency book and I thought it was pretty great. The story was interesting, steamy, and at times could be sweet. A tattooed former Marine and a Princess learn what it means to actually find happiness for themselves. Instead of living in the moment or living for everyone else.

“One word. One slight movement toward him, and she’s be his. He’d make her come so many times she’s forget what it felt like to be a proper princess.”

Gordon Waybrook is a former Marine who has taken a job with his current security company for a Princess. He expects this to be a quick job with a spoiled brat, until he actually meets Isabelle. All of his expectations are thrown out the window and what is left is undeniable chemistry.

“Just for one night, whatever you’d like, it’s yours. I’d give it to you, no questions.”

Isabelle VanGaurd is in America for a few short days to meet the Prince her parents want her to marry. Not for love but for the good of her country. What she wasn’t ready for was the security detail with the dirty mouth. He doesn’t treat her like a Princess. The last thing she should want is the sexy Marine but there is no fighting the pull he has on her body.

“I control nothing. No one. Not even myself. But I know what I want right here. Right now, I want you. I want you so badly, and I’m begging you- yes, begging you- to take me. Please.”

Gordon and Isabelle are completely different than either of them expected. Gordon is demanding, protective, and bossy. He also has a bit of a dirty mouth on him. Gordon is one sexy bodyguard and he does an amazing job with Isabelle. He sees her for the woman she is underneath the Princess costume she wears. Isabelle VanGuard has been groomed to be the perfect Princess. She wears it like a mask. Underneath that Isabelle is strong-willed, stubborn, and fiery. She is constantly thinking about the good of her people.

“I’m not a hesitant or sweet lover. You’ll succumb to me in every way, and in return, I’ll make you come so hard you won’t be able to stop thinking about me without feeling my lips on your pussy. You might own a fucking country, but tonight… I own you.”

The chemistry in this book is undeniable. They both feel it from the moment they meet in the coffee shop. It was practically flowing out of my kindle as I read each and every delicious word. Diane Alberts definitely knows how to right some sexy scenes. Isabelle and Gordon were perfect together. They fought and tested each other but in the end it worked.

“He might not think he was a knight in shining armor… But he was definitely hers.”


I really enjoyed this story. The pacing was done well and the characters were probably some of my favorites. My one and only problem is that I didn’t really feel like they loved each other. I mean it was on it’s way but the way the plot and story went it felt like a few days was too soon. I just didn’t feel the love I guess. Other than that I loved every minute of this read. The book was definitely a hot sexy modern take on a fairy tale and I loved every minute. You’ll definitely find yourself saying “Please, Gordon” by the end.






 photo Amazon-app-button-small_zps54177e63.jpg    photo bead2577-80fb-402c-90c7-6f000b3d3789_zps2b17ea00.png









 photo 20440672_zps3cad321c.jpg   photo 22859196_zpsfd2819df.jpg   photo 23533563_zpse47fb1e8.jpg




Connect with Diane

3 comments :