April 29, 2014

Eternal Mixture Review!

Eternal mixture
By,
Shevaun delucia

4.5 stars!!!

If you had the chance to start your life over, would you take it? If you were told you would live for eternity, would you embrace it? If a stranger told you he was your soul mate, would you believe it?

Raina Richmond has played it safe her entire life. She has never broken the rules. That is, until Brent Alexander walked straight into her life, causing havoc. Turning her world upside down.

Brent is the new kid in town. He is every girl’s fantasy: adorable, charming, chiseled, and the typical boy Raina usually steers clear of. But there is just something about him she can’t seem to resist. Safe is no longer an option for her. For him, she breaks all the rules.

What she doesn’t realize is that he holds the key to her past, present, and future. Once he reveals the reasons behind their irrevocable connection, she will unlock the answers to all of her questions, and her life as she knows it will never be the same again.

My thoughts…..

“He is like a drug to me, and I am forever addicted.”


This book was definitely interesting. I liked this semi new take on immortals. It seemed like a spin-off of Evermore. I really enjoyed reading this book. It was a refreshing read. I love soul-mate stories. They are probably my favorites to read. Being the hopeless romantic that I am, having one person that you love and loves you no matter what is pretty amazing. A love that is so encompassing that there is no denying it. There is something about knowing there is one person out there for you that is perfect is pretty romantic. I loved this element of the story.

We open with Raina in her high school interacting with her friends. There is a new kid in school and her reaction to the situation is pretty priceless. She wants nothing to do with the gossip, the boy, nothing. She has no interest in laying her eyes on him no matter what the other people are saying. Raina was a strong character, a person who knew who she was. Until Brent walked into her life. It was pretty funny that she tried to fight the connection anyway possible in the beginning. Don’t the characters know by now you can’t do that. Hahaha. After a little while it became frustrating but before it got to the point of no return she gave in and it was magic.

Brent was another great leading man. He walked right up to her and pretty much told her he was waiting for her. He beat around the bush but I mean I knew what he was trying to say. He made me so mad with the whole Casey thing. I’m glad that didn’t last long. Guys should no making us jealous with the one person we absolutely hate in high school does the opposite of what they are trying to accomplish. He was a patient and understanding character too, which made him even better. I mean he has been waiting forever and he didn’t mind waiting for her to work through it.

Some of the writing bothered me a little bit but I was able to overlook it. There is nothing wrong with it, it just isn’t something that particularly enjoy. There were just too many sentences describing the same things over and over again. There was only one other thing that bothered me and that was the addition of Jason. I understand him as a bad guy but I don’t need another love triangle. When you set it up as sol-mates it needs to stay that way. I mean it does but if there is another book I hope it stays that way.

I hope there is another book. I feel like we got to know the characters and the Immortal story but there was never a real element of danger that was supposed to be felt near the end. It felt like the author set it up and then the next page ended it. The story could end but I feel like there is more to tell.

Anyways if there is another one I will be reading it!


Buy Link: Amazon

3 comments :

  1. Thank you Alexa for your awesome review on Eternal Mixture! BTW, I'm working on #2 now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I can't wait to read it! I'll be keeping my eye out!

    ReplyDelete