April 21, 2014

Land of the Unaltered Review!

Land of the unaltered
By,
Leti del mar

4 stars!!!!



Rose comes from the capital of the Confederation of Cities where its citizens live in luxury and the greatest fashion statement of all is being Altered. People change everything about the way they look as often as they do their hairstyle but Rose is different. Her position of privilege has made her an outcast and led her to suspect that something sinister is happening to the citizens and flees the capital along with a past that imprisons her in search of a fresh start in the Land of the Unaltered.

Flynn lives in the Land of the Unaltered and hates the capitol and everything it stands for. So when a spoiled capital girl is assigned to work with him, he wants nothing to do with her and is prepared to make her life miserable. But Flynn was not prepared for someone like Rose. She doesn’t fit the mold he expected and finds himself strongly attracted to her. As she continues to surprise and outwit him, they begin to forge a bond that is tested when they discover a secret that could change everything they know about Land of the Unaltered. 

Land of the Unaltered is a Dystopian Romance and is the first installment of the The Confederation Chronicles.


My Thoughts…..

I seemed to be in a Dystopian mood lately. Yes if you have read my blog I have been reading everything but I have been craving a dystopian read and I have been reading everyone I can get my hands on. This one is no different. I loved that the book was written in a dual POV. Both Rose and Flynn.

When I read the synopsis I didn’t know what to expect. Once I started reading I found it was a mix between Under the Never Sky and The Hunger Games. It was like The Games because the Central city had tons of people that changed their looks all of the time, had all the money, and all the social status. The cities outside of that do all of the work and are not as rich. They also do not get altered.

I really liked this book. I was immediately pulled into the story. Our two main characters came from two totally different backgrounds. Flynn was a loner who loved to work in nature especially with trees. Rose is from Civitas, the main city, she is also the daughter of a highly respected doctor. She leaves to get away from that life. She doesn’t believe in being altered and she hates how she is being treated by both her parents and the people of the city.

Flynn immediately hated Rose just because she was from the capital. I got it. Most of those people were spoiled brats. I loved that once he realized she wasn’t like that Rose thought he stilled hated her because he never talked. It was pretty hilarious how socially awkward Flynn was. Rose was her own special person. She never fit in at home. She was never altered and she can read at a super-fast pace and remember everything she has read. She tries to work with the awkward Flynn and eventually they can work together comfortably. I really liked Rose as a character too. She was genuine and didn’t care about what other people thought. She moved herself to somewhere she has never been, looking for happiness. She is definitely a strong person.

The writer spent a lot of time building the relationship between Flynn and Rose. She took the time to take you on the road from disliking each other to the romance that happened between them. It happened gradually and authentically.

“Yet, I was not about to let Flynn spend another night on the floor because of some misplaced sense of chivalry. The warm and tingling sensations I got from the thought of spending another night wrapped up in Flynn’s arms had nothing to do with it. Absolutely nothing at all.”

The author spent a lot of time building the characters and how the reacted to each other in this book. Everything was gearing up for the sequel. I can’t wait to see what happens next. This book pulls you in and makes you care for the characters and the lives that they live. Hopefully the next one can live up to this one.

Buy Link:

No comments :

Post a Comment