March 22, 2014

Kiss Me Goodnight By, Michele Zurlo Review

*I received this book from the author for an honest review*

Kiss me Goodnight
Michele Zurlo
4 Stars!


The Blurb .....

I'm Lacey Hallem, and I have a few secrets. These arent them: I wash my hands a lot and lie when I'm stressed. Also, I have horrible taste in men. That's how I Knew Dylan was trouble the first time I saw him ... 

Life can be challenging for Lacey, Especially When Things do not come in sets of six, but she's smart and funny and able to keep her demons at bay-most of the time. She might have sensed trouble When She September eyes on Dylan, to musician in a delectable vintage T-shirt, but That does stop her from thinking about him, or '' more and spending more time in His company. 

ENTER Thomas. Wealthy, handsome, and completely adoring of Lacey (flaws and all), he's everything a man Should Be. know why can not she convinces her heart to fall in love? 

Prepare to be swept up in Michele Zurlo's emotional and compelling story of learning to trust yourself, facing the past, and finding strength you never Knew you had. 


My Thoughts .... 

"My name is Lacey Hallem, and It's been sixty-seven minutes since my last lie."



That is the first line in the book. I was expecting the OCD from the blurb but the lying was a sad but hilarious part of the book. We enter the story in the middle of one of Lacey's lies. It's pretty funny to lie but she pulls it off flawlessly. It is kind of ridiculous how good she is When It Comes To These lies pulling off. I love it though. She put everything she had into them. It made the book interesting. The book started out kind of slow for me but once it picked up I fell in love.

The writing was pretty cool. The author wrote the book like Lacey was actually talking to the reader instead of us hearing an inner monologue. A few times in the book she actually talks to the reader. There are only a few times but there are enough to keep reminding the reader That she is talking to you and explaining her actions and thought process to the reader. I have not read many books like that but I enjoyed it.


Lacey Hallem.

She tells lies. She Has OCD and through almost the whole book you do not know why she does either of Those Things. She Has had a traumatic past but the author does not Seem to dwell on it too much or make the book all about that. There are a few times That Zurlo hints about it but we do not find out everything until almost the end. I loved Lacey. She was interesting and pretty funny. I mean she freaking names of all THREE vibrators after her band members. And she stays away from Dylan in the beginning Because She thought he was married. (She only dated married guys before this .... oh god) Lacey finally learns That She deserves more looking and goes or what she wants. She was a strong person and she did not let Dylan jerk her around even if they had amazing chemistry. 

Dylan. 

At first Dylan's character frustrated me to no end. I wanted to punch him right in the face. First he wanted her and the next he was still grieving. It drove me nuts. Eventually he won me over though. I am a sucker for band members, Especially When They Are The type of bands I like. He was great When it came to Lacey's OCD but it was sad for a while her OCD That was all he Could See sometimes. But that's a lie. :-)   Michael did a great job making you feel the chemistry between These two. It was believable between them. It did not feel forced. Dylan finally got the kick in the ass That he needed even When Thomas finally Appeared. 

"I gaped at him, stunned. "I have feelings for Thomas, and He Has feelings for me." 

He shrugged. "You like him, but that's all. It's very platonic. "Then he leaned closer, and his lips almost brushed my ear. "I notice everything about you, Lace. The way your breathing speeds up when I'm this close to you. The way you undress me with your eyes. One day you'll figure out it's you. "

 
Thomas. 

I was so glad That even though we have Thomas enter the scene it was in no way a love triangle. Could You Tell That Thomas and Lacey did not belong together. Lacey was Dylan's and Dylan was her's. Even When They Were not together. The chemistry was just not there with Lacey and Thomas. These are the kinds That I can deal with. It was really well written and it made ​​Dylan be the person He should not have been in the beginning. Thomas was a great guy. He did not mind the lying he was willing to get to know her even with her ​​problem with lying. 

The last couple chapters of the book were my favorite. You found out about Lacey's past and you get to find out what a romantic Dylan is. Also you get to learn how much he really did understand about Lacey and he still loved her anyway.

"He strummed His fingertips over my back, tickling a little and leaving gooseflesh in His wake." I think it's about beating the odds Because You know the one you love will always be there waiting for you-no matter what crap misery throws at you . That's what gave me the fortitude to wait until you found your way back to me. " 

I lifted my head to look at His face. He is a consummate romantic. I need him by my side to point me to all the wonders of life Has to offer. "I like your interpretation much better than mine. I love you, Dylan-endlessly"



All in all this book was a really great read and I can not wait to read the next one! It was funny and smart. It was a quick read That had just the right amount of tension. And the tension actually added to Lacey's story instead of the author just trying to sell books by adding another evil love interest. I will be reading the next one!

Amazon

2 comments :

  1. Your review made the book sound even more appealing. It's interesting that it's not until the end that the reader learns why Lacey is the way she is. I wonder if I would like waiting that long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! For a while I wasn't even sure I liked it like that. But it kept me interested and it was fun trying to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete