August 31, 2014

Her Destiny Review
















Her Destiny


(Reverie Book #2)

By,
Monica Murphy
4.5 Stars!!1



 photo GR_zps5fe521f1.jpg



I knew from the moment I first saw him he was the one. The only boy I could ever want.



The only boy I could ever love.



They say he’s bad for me.



But I know he’s not.



Until the day he rejects me.



And breaks my heart.



Completely.



Everything changes in the blink of an eye. My entire life as I’ve known it is…gone. 


Secrets are revealed. Promises once made are irrevocably broken. There’s no way my family can get back to what we once were.



So when Nicholas Fairfield walks back into my life like he never left it, I’m furious.



Thrilled. Irritated. Excited.


Conflicted.

Despite my confusion, I want to be with him. I love him. But danger lurks where we least expect it. Someone will do whatever it takes to tear us apart. All I know is: I won’t let them.

Because Nick Fairfield? He’s mine.




“I met a boy.
And I fell for him.
Hard.
He was sweet, he was kind and no matter how much he tried to deny me…
He couldn’t resist.
And neither could I.”


Ok first of all guys make sure you have read His Reverie before you even think about picking this book up. This book was just as if not better than the first one. Monica Murphy really finishes the journey and wraps it up nicely. There is so much more than a forbidden romance going on in this book and you have to keep turning the page to figure it all out. This was definitely a great ending to a fantastic series.

“He was my first kiss.
The first boy I let touch me.
He was my first…everything.
But he walked away from me.”


Reverie Hale. We get to hear so much more from her in this book. It’s not filtered through diary entries either. We really get a feel for who she is as a person after her life completely falls away. Reverie’s parents are being accused of embezzling millions from her father’s followers. And the worst part is…they aren’t denying it. So Reverie moves out and in with Evan. Now she is working full time and trying to keep themselves in the apartment they are in. Then Nick walks back into her life. Reverie had a lot of growing up to do in this book. She could no longer be the naive girl we met in the first book. She goes through two different major changes. She tries to become the bad girl slut she feels is the opposite of what she was before. But that isn’t working for her. So now she is trying to find the middle ground. She matures a lot in this book. She becomes a character that you can actually like. I loved getting to know her more outside of her diary this go around.

“To protect me…from himself.
When the only protection I really wanted…
The only protection I really needed…
Was him.”


Nicholas Fairfield. He is really getting the short end of the stick in life. His poor character was just trying to enjoy some happiness and it all ended up getting taken from him. In the first part of the book he tries to convince himself that Reverie is better off without him and when that doesn’t work…he goes to find her. I’m not sure how I really feel about Nick in this book. We get a better look at his feelings for Reverie without all of the talk about sex. He was finally willing to acknowledge just how much Rev actually meant to him. But now that he goes after her he has to try and convince her he didn’t leave her by choice. And now he also has Evan to deal with. Nick was always really mature because of everything he has been through but I am really glad that he decides to let go of his past. Nick has to grow himself and find his place in the world… with or without Reverie.

“When he walked back into my life.
So unexpectedly.
I was mad.
I was happy.
I pushed him away.”


Reverie’s family is around even less. Her parents are nonexistent. They have left Evan and Reverie to fend for themselves. They don’t even send any money to help them when it was their idea Reverie move out. Evan finally becomes the big brother he is supposed to be but I also feel like it was too much too late. The things he said to Nick, when he didn’t even know him, rubbed me the wrong way. It was nice to see him actually care about Reverie but I am also glad that she didn’t let him sway her.


“But he wouldn’t go.
It didn’t matter what I did.
What I said.
How I treated him.”


The way Monica Murphy wrote this book was just incredible. The story built and built in a way that made the book impossible to put down. The heartbreak, love, angst, and suspense was way beyond the His Reverie. Each of the characters explore trust, responsibly, faith, and how when you form a bond of love it will be tested…more than once. And every time you have the possibility to come out stronger than before. All of our questions will be answered and you won’t even see the twist coming. The way the problems unfolded made the story flow well. The reader will never be bored and you find yourself rooting for Nick and Reverie even louder the more you read!


Sometimes I forget how much I love an author until they come out with something new and I am so glad I was able to find my love for Monica Murphy all over again! Go pick this one up!

“I couldn’t deny his love for me.
Or my love for him.
And now I know he was the one for me.
He was my…
Destiny.”

No comments :

Post a Comment