March 12, 2015

REVIEW: Finding Slope (Taking Flight #2.5) By, Erin Brown





A spring break ski trip turns into the reunion Willa Thompson and Dan Martin never saw coming.

After months of not talking, Willa and Dan run into each other at the last place they thought they would—a ski lodge in Colorado. Neither of them expected to see the other during spring break, and certainly never expected to meet their ex’s new college friends.

Dan sees this as his last opportunity to win Willa back and wants to make the most of the week together. He knows that they can make long distance work, and when he hears that they may both be in New York for the summer, he’s more determined than ever to convince the girl of his dreams that they should try to have a relationship again. Third time’s the charm, right?

But Willa isn’t sure if that’s for the best—they broke up for a reason, after all, and their circumstances haven't changed. They’re still going to different colleges, they’re still long distance, and they still have no idea how to make that work.

But then again, when Willa is honest with herself, she knows that she wants to spend time with Dan. That she wants to see where the week in Colorado may take them. That she wants them to end up together. She just isn’t sure how—or even if—that’s supposed to happen.

In this Taking Flight novella, set against the snowy, stunning backdrop of the Rocky Mountains, Willa and Dan have to face the truth about their relationship and decide if they want to run back up that slippery slope together, or go their separate ways.






Review

When I started this series I hadn’t read Dan and Willa’s story. I had started with Making Headlines, and fell in love with Luke and Sophie first. I still have not read Dan and Willa’s story so I wanted to read this one to get to see Sophie and Luke again. I don’t really regret it either. Because I read Sophie’s story first I don’t think I would have fallen in love with Dan the way I was supposed to. But I really loved Willa in Making Headlines and I really wanted to see her get a happy ending because even through their relationship was weird she was still a really great friend to Sophie.

Sophie and Dan met when they were fourteen at the airport. They tried making a long distance relationship work and in the end they couldn’t. It has been a few months since they ended their relationship completely. Now they are both unknowingly going to the same place for spring break. When Dan and Willa see each other they have to decide to give their relationship one more chance or leave it alone forever.

While I loved Making Headlines I had some problems with this novella and surprisingly my problems were with Willa. Dan saw her again and was completely all in. He wanted her back and he was willing to become vulnerable to get her back. Willa was very wishy-washy. She loved him but there was the distance, and I love him but I can’t trust him. There were all of these excuses. It was a little frustrating. In the beginning of the book the author says she wrote this novella because she left their relationship a little bit up in the air. I feel like she did the same thing. Here there wasn’t a definite happy ending for these two. It was as satisfying as I wanted it to be.

Anyway despite those things I did like the book. Dan was sweet and caring. I loved his more vulnerable moments. He was willing to let her go if she really wanted that. Dan and Sophie really had a weird relationship. They had a troubled past but they were able to move past that and become great friends. The writing was as great as I remembered. The plot moved and flowed well. This was definitely a story about the difficulties and challenges that come with long distance relationships. I loved the part that fate played in this story. No matter what Dan and Willa belong together. While this novella, for me, had its problems it is definitely one you need to read if you loved this series.



Reading Order
Buy Links



    






Connect with Erin


No comments :

Post a Comment