January 8, 2015

REVIEW: Fate: Adam and Evette By, Maya James

(For Now...)

 photo GR_zps5fe521f1.jpg










Fate is a fast paced novella about two people from opposite ends of the country trying to support each other as friends while denying their instant attraction for one another.

Adam and Evette have both recently ended relationships that were never meant to last. Each of them is longing for something more intense and meaningful, and fate brings them together online in a support system for rebounding daters. The only problem—they’re perfect for each other but too far away to do anything about it.

Will they help each other find love with someone else, or will Fate completely take over their destiny?





When I read this synopsis I was immediately interested. I mean who wouldn’t find something romantic in fate pointing you to the person you were meant for but everything around you is keeping you apart. I knew I had to read this book. Even after picking this book up and reading it I am so confused on how I feel about this book. I had to wait to write this review because I couldn’t even decide if I liked the book at all. So let’s see if we can work this out. (With as little spoilers as possible).

Adam and Evette have both been through relationships they were in for longer than they should have been. Now they are finally free and ready to find the one. They meet on the Rebounding buddies app on the dating website. The more they talk the more they realize that they are perfect for each other if they lived in the same city.

That is about all that I can say about the story without giving away what happens in this novella. Things I liked about this book:

            They were friends first. Adam and Evette really got to know each other and themselves before they were ready to make the steps in falling in love.
            The book was written in dual POVs. Both Adam and Evette had their own lives and stories to tell that added depth to the novella.
            The one night stand. It was something special that added some drama to an otherwise drama free book.

Things I didn’t like:

            The ending of Adam’s chapters. The ending to this book was just unsatisfying. I know it was a novella but for their story to end the way it did left my mouth hanging open and me contemplating throwing my kindle. I hope there is more.
            That it was a novella. I feel like it was an injustice to Adam and Evette to not give them a full story.


The characters, story, and the writing were beautiful. The author created a heartwarming story that I need more of. I really hope there is more. I can make a more definite decision if I have more of Adam and Evette!




 photo Amazon-app-button-small_zps54177e63.jpg    photo bead2577-80fb-402c-90c7-6f000b3d3789_zps2b17ea00.png






Connect with Maya

No comments :

Post a Comment