January 20, 2015

REVIEW: With a Twist (Last Call #4) By, Sawyer Bennett






Wyatt Banks is ready to give one woman the world. Unfortunately, his job as a cop tends to interfere with other goals. When Wyatt is sent deep undercover to investigate a sex slave ring, he doesn’t have time to do anything but focus on staying alive in a dark and dangerous underworld.

Wyatt isn’t alone though in his quest to save the women that are being sold into sexual slavery.

His partner, FBI Agent Andrea Somerville, is immersed just as deeply as he is, and she’s the bait to lure the sex slavers out into the open, as she poses as an erotic dancer in an attempt to snare the enemy. But danger runs as high as the sparks between them, and now Wyatt is caught between the job he loves and the woman he wants.
 Add to Goodreads


Review
I am a huge fan of Sawyer Bennett and the Last Call series. I fell in love with Brody and have since picked up the other books in the series. Even though I went into this not really sure who Wyatt was, I knew I was going to enjoy it anyway. I ended up really liking this story. Wyatt and Andrea has such a dangerous and weird start that gave them a bond that the others couples didn’t have.

“I did it because my heart told me to do it. In that moment, my heart was already offering up a piece of itself to you. It had decided that I was going to be yours, and you were going to be mine.”

Wyatt Banks is ready to settle down. He is ready to give everything he has to the right woman. After watching each of his friends falling love and starting the next part of their lives Wyatt is more than ready to be next. The only problem is that he has a big job for his police department that he needs to do first. Going undercover for as long as the job needs is not great for the beginning of a relationship. So he is willing to wait. Now he needs to focus on bringing the sex slave ring down and staying alive in the process. I really liked Wyatt. Even though I didn’t remember him he was a great character. He was dedicated to his work and keeping as many people safe as possible. He wasn’t ok with letting innocent people get hurt just to keep the case going. Wyatt was fierce, determined, protective, and sexy. Everything you want in a hero.

“You and I are supposed to be,” I murmur. It’s destiny.”

 Andrea Somerville works for the FBI. She has been trying to follow in her father’s footsteps and make it to the Behavioral unit within the FBI, choosing her promising career over her jerk of a fiancĂ©e to do it. When she gets tasks to go undercover as a stripper for this new investigation she agrees. She understands how much danger she is going to be in, especially if something goes wrong and her partner can’t save her. She might be the next one sold. Andrea is not one of my favorite Last Call heroines. There was something about her that I didn’t click with. She was sweet, caring, and at times has a good amount of confidence. I think my problem is that she doesn’t always carry that confidence. She has it for work and when she talks about stripping to make it through school but other than that it’s missing. But her character is also perfect for Wyatt. They are everything each other is missing.

“Yeah.. want you on my face so I can show you that you’re mine. Then I want you straddling my aching cock. I want you to ride me.. show me that I’m yours.”

While I have loved the first three books this one was different. Sawyer Bennett brought in a whole new element with the undercover work both of the characters do. They forge a different bond from the very beginning because of the dangerous work they do. There was an element of suspense in the writing as well as romance. The chemistry between Wyatt and Andrea was scorching which added even more to love with this story. The writing was flawless and the flow of the story worked. I would have liked a little more of the undercover work but other than that everything worked. I can’t wait to read the next story in this amazing series!



Reading Order

        

Shaken, Not Stirred (Last Call #5) Releases May 17, 2015




Connect with Sawyer

No comments :

Post a Comment